Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rolling Credits after the 1/2 Marathon

Stealing this idea from my friend Julie. . .
So I finished the 1/2 marathon in 2 hours 28 minutes and 29 seconds (8 minutes more than what I was hoping for) #4698 out of 6116 runners. Considering my condition less than 12 hours before the race, it is nothing short of a miracle. All I can say is that if labor and delivery of my first 2 children without any form of medication is a 10 on the pain scale, I would rate the migraine headache I had for almost 7 hours the evening before the race an 8 1/2. I did have a great time running and it was a wonderful experience. Now I just hope to do it again when I am fully healthy so I know how well I could really do.

All credits go to:

-My hubby. Thank you for. . . sleeping with the kids while I was at the Y at 530 am and for getting up with them if they got up before I got back. For watching them with no complaints during my many long Sunday runs and practice races. For packing the van and getting my race packet for me since I was barely able to open my eyes or stand. For being my nurse and taking care of the kids while I was curled up in a ball on the bed/bathroom floor. For dragging 3 small children around Lincoln to watch me run and finish the race. And for giving me the best hug and kiss when I felt like crying cuz I felt like crap and had such a slow time after the race was done.

-My kiddos for putting up with mommy's crabbiness when I was so sleep deprived from early morning runs. For being good for daddy when I was gone running and for cheering me on early in the morning.

-Julie and her cousin Charles for running slow with me for the first 1/2 of the race so that I didn't have to do the whole thing by myself. You guys did awesome!! I hope I can run the full thing with you next year. -Julie's dad, Dennis, for all the awesome pictures he got of us during the race.

-My sister-in-law, Jen, for letting us bunk at her house the night before and helping Jeff with the kids during the race. And for cheering me on during the race.

-My dad and mother-in-law for coming to cheer me on and watch me race.

-All the other cheerleaders along the way! It was so nice of many of you to cheer on complete strangers. Any words of encouragement were helpful.

-Jill, for the awesome free CASNR shirt that I will definitely wear more than the neon yellow/green ugly thing LTC gave us for running!

-All the volunteers who gave me water during the race, especially those of you who took the time to put lids and straws on the cups! It is so much easier to drink that way when you are trying to run!

-All of my FB friends for their words of encouragement throughout training and before and after the race!

-Jaime for teaching me how to using a timing chip! ;) And the LTC for letting me keep the one from the 1/2 marathon! It will be staying on my shoe for a while cuz (as my friend Julie said and I am the same) I am and geek like that!

-My secret sister from my mom's group for the beautiful flowers and well wishes. I missed the delivery on Saturday, so I didn't get them until Monday, but they were a wonderful reward and make me smile every time I see them.

-My friend Amber, for getting up in the wee hours of the morning to go to the Y with me and chat with me while we were on our treadmills!

-And mostly to God for giving me the strength I needed to do it all!

I'll add some pictures later.

0 comments: