Friday, December 30, 2011

Handy Hubby Strikes Again #3

So, I have a bit of a shoe fetish.  I come by it honestly however, as people tell me my mother was a lover of shoes as well.  What better way to carry on her legacy, right?


However, I seem to have received my father's organizational skills rather than hers and my footwear issues have taken over our closet. 

Examining his work

My new shoe shelf (minus the back he put on it later)
Handy Hubby stepped up to the plate and saved the day.  (Of course cleaning and sorting them out helped as well.  I have 20 plus pairs to take to our church and Salvation Army.)  I have had some of them since early in college so it has been a slowly growing process.


But, now, thanks to my amazingly handy husband (and his itch to use his new nail guns that he got for Christmas), I have a wonderful, very tall, shelf for my shoes in my closet.

In place and full already.  I even shared a few spots with the great guy who made it. :)

0 comments: