Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bring On Fall

Saturday morning felt like fall.  Even if it didn't last too long, we thoroughly enjoyed it!  We had a fun family day playing and picking and cheering.

I went for a run (only my 4th since catching bronchitis a month ago as it is still effecting my runs, with rattling in my chest as I breathe and coughing spells.  Hoping I can kick this soon.) wearing a long sleeve shirt and loved it.  It was such a gorgeous morning to bask in the sun along the trail and breathe in the cool air (even if my lungs still screamed at me).

After I was done with my very short run we trekked out to a friend's place with 300+ apple trees, chickens and peacocks!  It was a day on the farm for my kids and they loved every minute of it!  We picked 75 pounds of apples, fed the chickens, gathered eggs and even hand-shelled corn.
A sunny morning + lots of trees = bad lighting for pictures.  

I was shocked that Miss Thumb Sucker would go in the chicken house.
Even after a hen flew right past her and scared her, she still stuck it out to find more eggs.
They all had a blast shelling the corn to feed the chickens

The day ended with what is usually a great fall occasion, but since the Huskers lost it was not quite so enjoyable.  But, a bad day of Husker football is still better than a day with no Huskers at all in my book.  It gave me a good reason to sit and peel/core/slice apples too.  The first batch of apple butter is in the crock pot! 

Ahhhh.  I love fall!

0 comments: