Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Can I Catch a Break Please?


Its been one of those days, again. A poop-on-the-floor, walking-around-nursing-my-baby, milk's-in-the-fridge-without-the-lid day! I am so glad that I can laugh at my life! Cuz if I couldn't, I'd probably be crying. . . OK so its not quite that bad, but I like to be melodramatic. And yes, all the above did happen today!
So the only real serious one involves the poop on the floor. . . another motherly first for me and an all time high on the "so gross it had me gagging scale". All the others stem from that and the process of cleaning it up. Miss Firecracker is on an antibiotic for an ear infection (yes, both she and Miss Thumb Sucker have them). Our Dr. warned me diarrhea was a side affect, but she can always use a little "loosening" in that area. This time got a little too loose. We didn't quite make it and it all, yes I said ALL, ended up on the floor. Thankfully 99% on the bathroom tile floor and only a slight amount on the bathroom rug and my carpet outside the bathroom. The rug (and her other clothes) are in the washing machine as we speak and Praise the Lord that my ivory carpet is bleachable!
Anyway, this incident occurred at the beginning of snack time just after I got all kids (including the extras I have here for daycare) sat down at the table with their rice krispie treats. I was pouring milk when Miss Firecracker hops down from the table and runs to the bathroom with an "I have to go poopy!" statement. I finish pouring my current and the last glass of milk, set the milk down and head back to the bathroom where I hear her starting one of her fabulous fits and see her coming out of the bathroom. She proceeds to sit down on my carpet trying to take off her jeans and undies. . . then I turn the corner and look in the bathroom and see the wonderful display before me. . . needless to say her cute little tooshie left a lovely mark on my carpet. I immediately picked her up and set her on the potty then proceeded to clean up. She got a mid-afternoon bath. All the while I am cleaning up the mess and gagging in my bathroom the other children are whooping and hollering it up at the table and Miss Thumb Sucker is screaming on the floor cuz she needs to eat.
Thus, the rest of the cleaning up was done one-handed as I nursed her and walked around getting dirty stuff where it needed to go, cleaning up sticky hands from rice krispies so they could go play and stop screaming at my table, and calling the wonderful hubby to find out where he hid the bleach cleaner after he used it last (the wonderful guy cleaned out the shower!).
And the lidless milk? Must have had it in my hand while pouring and didn't set it down with the milk, thus it is MIA and I just haven't had the drive to go look for it yet. . . I am guessing it is in the crime scene, I mean bathroom, somewhere. If so, I think I might find another milk lid to use.
So sorry for another graphic and gross story from my children, but that is one of the main reasons I started the blog. . . to document our lives and things that go on. I would say this one is pretty note worthy for us, however gross to read for you!


Oh yea, Miss Thumb Sucker ate rice cereal for the first time last night. She wasn't quite sure what to do with it, but at least didn't seem like she abhorred it! Noisy Man was most helpful and wanted to make her laugh the whole time which isn't quite so helpful when trying to get a 5 month old to keep runny cereal in her mouth. He is such a good big brother though, he watches after those 2 girls like a hawk. He even came in the bathroom after Miss Firecracker got out of the tub to check on her and make sure she wasn't sick.

0 comments: