Monday, December 6, 2010

"The Gift": And Thats a Wrap!

Its over.  I am torn with how I feel about that as it is always a relief to be done, but sadness of not getting to hang out with my friends who I perform with.  I am glad to have the time back, especially after last week. . . 7 out of the last 8 nights were spent at church, rehearsing and performing.  It will be great to be able to spend more evenings with my kids and mostly my husband.  However, it is usually not until practices start again next year that I get to spend that much time with the friends I have in the musicals.  I made some great new friends this year as well, deepened some relationships and really got to know some people better than I had before.  It is a lot of work, but it is so worth it.  The message of the show is strong, but God doesn't just reach our audience with the message of the show, he reaches us through the time we spend with each other and the work that we do.  It is so worth it.
We had a great turn out at 3 out of the 4 shows, with a small audience on Saturday for obvious Nebraska reasons. . . frankly they would have had a better time at our show over watching the Huskers get beat! :) Many people commented that they laughed and cried throughout the entire show and most of all, the message of Christ and what He means to life was unmistakable.  People could not walk out the doors without knowing the true message of Christmas, delivered in a much different way than your ordinary nativity Christmas plays.  Our Creative Arts Minister at our church and his wife co-write the play and the music, from scratch!  God has really given them an amazing gift!  It is going to be hard to top this one Tami and Kevin!  It was amazing!

The entire cast

The girls!  So much fun will be missed!

I am SO ready for next year!

0 comments: