Friday, October 14, 2011

I DO IT!

Oh Miss Thumb Sucker.  She has become quite the independent jabberbox as of late.

A melt your heart moment:  We decided to say our bedtime prayers in the car on a late school night drive home the other night so as to be able to brush teeth and jump in bed once we arrived at home.  From the back seat I hear, "Dear God, thank you for Jesus, Aaaaamen.  Dear God, thank you for da Bible, Aaaaaamen."  Yes, both of these complete statements and signature drawn out Amens came from my not-quite-two-year-old.  It was one of those, "Thank you, Lord that you are helping me do something right" moments!

Her other current thing is wanting to dress herself.  I get her clothes out in the morning or jammies out at bedtime and she instantly says, "I do it!" Well, if I lay her pants and undies down on the floor in front of her the correct way she can get them pulled on just right.  I must say it is quite commical to watch her do it, too, but she gets it done.  When it comes to the shirt though, it is another story.  She isn't quite up to this task and it makes her so mad. 

This picture is the little independent jabberbox saying to me, "I button it, mommy." (there are little buttons and loops at the bottom of these pants.)  After about 2 minutes of trying, an A for patience in her book, she looks at me and says, "I can't button it.  You help, pease, mommy?"  Plain as day.  Seriously.  Where did my baby go?

0 comments: