Friday, June 29, 2012

Mud Under My Nails

We go from pretty little girls to some muddy mamas!

I got to do the Warrior Dash a few weekends ago with some great friends!  I highly recommend it!  It was a blast! 

The worst part of the entire 5K course was the first mile.  You just kept running!  Go figure.  We were forver wondering where the first obstacle was and when it was going to show up, but the only thing that showed up was more hills!  It was a very hilly first mile.  In hind sight I am guessing the mile was to spread all of us out so that there weren't huge waiting lines at all of the obstacles. 

It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to do it again next year.  One of my friends that I ran with wasn't feeling the greatest so we didn't push ourselves very hard and just enjoyed it.  We crawled under barbed wire in the dust, balanced on inclined balance beams, scaled walls, slid down fire poles, sludged through water, pulled ourselves up and down cargo nets, jumped over fire and slopped through mud with barbed wire on top.  Not to mention running the first mile and then some in between each obstacle and through a small timber of trees.

A BLAST!!!
Tutus clean


I highly recommend bright pink tutus for a race like this. 
Makes you easy to spot and we got lots of compliments! :)


Tutus muddy
After we were hosed off


We plan to do it again next year if it comes our way again!  I really didn't even get all that muddy!  I highly recommend going as early in the schedule as possible.  The course is cleaner this way and easier to manuver.  After thousands of people go through it it can get pretty nasty!  We were the 3rd heat to go through and it was all still good. 

But the hardest part was getting the mud out from underneath my finger nails and toe nails!  It took days.  I also got a nice little slice out of my finger as I caught it on a nail at the end of the 2nd obstacle.  It took over 2 weeks to heal up. 

0 comments: