Thursday, November 18, 2010

State of the Family #24

My last day to enjoy being a twenty-something. . . not that I really dread being 30. It doesn't really bother me. Like my blog title suggests, I am just where I want to be. I have done everything I wanted to do by the time I turned 30 and God has so richly blessed my life I almost feel guilty. Almost. He is awesome isn't He!

Miss Thumb Sucker has now become a toddler, no longer an infant. While this makes me quite sad that my baby is growing up, I am really enjoying the stage she is in. She is so much fun! She just giggles about anything and everything and wants so much to be able to keep up with her big brother and sister that it makes me laugh! She has become quite ornery lately though. The bathroom and my pantry being her favorite places to hang out. It has now become a house rule that the bathroom doors stay closed as in the past week we have had a pair of sunglasses, a Sunday School Paper, a shoe and a sock all tossed into the toilet. And with a 2 and a 4 year old using the toilet you can't always guarantee it is clean water and this totally grosses me out!! Needless to say this house has been purged of 3 out of those 4 items! Her other favorite hang out is the pantry. . . she finds all sorts of goodies here. Mostly the cereal and such on the bottom shelf and anything that has been dropped on the floor (as you can see in the picture, my pantry is anything but clean). Her favorite find though, was the Oreo container which I thought was still sealed shut so I didn't take it away from her the first time I saw her with it. I figured she would shake and have some fun with it, but after a few minutes I noticed it was awful quiet so I peeked around the corner and there she was. She thought she was hilarious! She also got her splint off on Sunday and is enjoying the freedom! The other adorable thing she did this past week was learn how to fold her hands for grace at suppertime. It was priceless!

Miss Firecracker has had a pretty uneventful week. She has been a wonderful little girl and hasn't had many uproars at all. I wish I could figure this girl out, she is quite the roller coaster. Like I said last week, she is just too smart for her own good and sometimes I even forget that she is only 2 1/2! She had a blast at Grandma Susan's surprise birthday party last Friday and getting to spend the weekend at Grandpa Gary's. She has been a singing machine once again, turning any life situation into a Top 20's Hit!! Just the other day she added some great lyrics to Jesus Loves Me: "Yes, Jesus loves me, He doesn't like it when we're naughty, and He died on the Cross, the Bible tells me so." She likes to sing about her babies, and brother and sister and just about anything that can be made into a one-note-held-on-too-long-in-a-very-long-run-on-sentence song! I need to get it on video. She cracks me up! She decided to have a cowgirl day the other day as well and of course had to pose for a picture!

Noisy Man has calmed down this week too. I am realizing however that this poor boy needs some other boys to play with! He is surrounded by girls at home during the day, especially when my two daycare GIRLS are here as well. I now have one of his preschool classmates (a boy thankfully) coming on Tuesday mornings before school, so hopefully this will help. It did help me realize the play habits of my son. After about 10 minutes of playing farm, Noisy Man was ready to move on and color then was on to the kitchen and playing house. Oh dear, I think mommy needs to "boy it up" a little more. Don't get me wrong, he does enjoy his farm stuff and he is always up for a good "hunt", but even his preschool teacher says he spends most of his free time at school in the dramatic play area. What can I say? The boy loves to cook. His one saving "boy" grace is Legos. He will always trade playing anything to go play with his Legos. He was so excited the other night to FINALLY be able to ride his bike. Daddy took a look at it and realized that the brakes had been paritally engaged the entire time, which is why he wasn't strong enough to pedal it. He was thrilled to be able to do it all by himself! Too bad it will be too cold to be riding it much in the upcoming months!

Daddy got his deer. I don't have a pic of it on my computer yet, as he took the picture with his "hunting" camera and I have to find the cord to download them. It wasn't anything too impressive, but after sitting in a stand for 2 whole days not seeing much, he gets pretty bored and just shoots. The body of the deer was pretty good sized, he got 84 pounds of meat off of it (yippee, I get 60 lbs of ground meat for 80 cents/pound!) He always acts like it is such hard work and so boring sitting there, but he just loves every minute of it! Why else would you go sit in a tree for hours upon end, year after year? He is also loving that Noisy Man is getting older and can accompany him on parts of the process. He helped hang the deer and got too cold during the slicing it up part, but thought it was cool, nonetheless.

Mommy got 2 whole (well, almost whole) days to herself this last weekend. While the entire family was at my dad's for deer weekend, I had to be back at church for our Christmas Musical rehearsal most of the day Saturday and 2 different times on Sunday. So, I drove back Saturday morning and stayed here until Sunday night. It was so quiet and eery I wasn't sure what to do. Thankfully, a few friends saved me Saturday night by coming over to play some games and eat some good food. I am also thrilled at my new running shoes. After putting it off forever, I finally broke down and realized my knees were going to give out if I didn't get new shoes. I gritted my teeth and prepared myself to spend $100 for a pair of running shoes. I was thrilled to death when I went down to a local sports store and the shoes I wanted were on SALE, $20 off AND I found a coupon for that store where if I spent $75 or more I got $25 off! I got my running shoes for $55!!! I was jumping up and down (OK maybe just on the inside, but I saved $45!!!) and now I can run without limping around constantly. WOOO WHOOO!!

0 comments: