Tuesday, November 30, 2010

State of the Family #25

 I always start off typing, not really knowing what I have to write about when I start these SOFs.  Then, by the time I am done, I felt like I have rambled on forever.  Yet, it seems you keep on reading. . . for this I thank you.  It makes me feel like my mundane life and very entertaining kids have a little to offer.  Or maybe you're just bored. . . . either way, I'm good with it!


Checking out my sister's new DVD

Miss Thumb Sucker has been a wet-chested running monster around our house the last week.  Her next few teeth are working their way in (FINALLY!) and she is drooling like crazy.  I usually have to change her shirt at least once, if not twice a day.  Then, while at my dad's this weekend, he put a bib on her. . .now why didn't I think of that.  I know that I should do that, my aunt even made her these adorable little crocheted soaker bibs when she was smaller and went through a drooling stage.  I totally forgot about them and just kept changing her clothes.  Duh!  Anyway, drooling away, she had a blast at my families "ThanksChristmas".  My family combined Thanksgiving and Christmas this year since my niece was here from Texas for 4 days.  Miss Thumb Sucker was not much into unwrapping things or even playing with the paper, but wanted to check out what everyone had and liked the tags.  She was scared to death of an over-sized stuffed puppy that she got, but loved her singing, bouncing, ride-on turtle once we got it opened and home. 

Miss Firecracker had a bout of pink-eye but was a trooper with taking the drops.  She then passed the pink-eye on to her brother and that story will go in his section.  She is growing up way too fast for my liking and remembers everything.  Many of her "ThanksChristmas" gifts revealed just how much older she is getting.  We are now in to the Barbie stage (which I love, because I still LOVE to play Barbies) and she also got many things 'just like her big brother', which shows she is growing up as well.  She motors around on her pink scooter like a pro and has mastered her new Leapster2 with such ease it is almost frightening.  It will be a great educational thing for her though as she bores quickly with coloring and matching and tracing, but the active screen and changing games hold her attention really well.  And with just a little bit of help she is already starting to recognize a lot of her letters.  I am really having a good time with her new toys as well!  Her new favorite phrase is "remember last year?" in which "last year" is her code for an hour ago, yesterday or last week.  But remember she does.  She knows exactly what we did, ate, and who it was with.  Cracks me up!

Noisy Man, like I said, also had a run in with pink eye.  The day it was discovered, he was quite tired and at the word 'drops', he freaked.  He ran to his room closed the door and hid under his covers.  Surprisingly (lol), daddy and I were able to find him and tried to administer the drops.  He was kicking, flailing and screaming like we were going to cut off his arm.  We should have just waited until he calmed down to give them to him, but at that point all rational thinking had gone out the window and we were just determined to get the job done.  So, daddy picked him up and put him on the floor and pinned down his arms.  I sat over his legs and held his head with one hand while putting the drops in his squeezed-shut eyes.  Then, pried them open one at a time to let the drops run in.  After this whole process it took him almost half an hour to calm down.  This will surly be a story we laugh at later.  He also raked it in at "ThanksChristmas" with a hunting set complete with a camo rigged pick-up, tent, hunter, and deer, a new Leapster2 (since his old one quit working), a fun box/playmat for his legos and some clothes.  His favorite thing at the moment however, plastic army men! An inexpensive stocking stuffer from Aunt S and Uncle M have created hours upon hours of entertainment for this boy.  It is adorable!  Thank you Aunt S and Uncle M!

Not much on Mommy and Daddy this week.  We had fun at "ThanksChristmas" as well and received great gifts.  Daddy's favorite probably being his new Wii hunting game that proves to be pretty challenging and entertaining.  They hunted a Mountain Lion probably around 15-20 times before they were actually able to kill the thing before it killed them (see pic).  Mommy went Black Friday shopping (no, not at 3 am, but at 6 am) and still got some great deals!  The longest line I had to wait in was about 20 minutes and it was behind an old college friend I hadn't seen in years so it was the most pleasant line-wait ever.  I am also in crazy week for our church's musical with dress rehearsals S,M,T and productions Th,F, St, Sn!  Only night free is W.  Poor daddy!  My other dilemma. . . someone evidently forgot to tell my skin that I turned 30 last week and not 13!  I think if you are going to have the zits of a 13-year-old at least the wrinkles of a 30-year-old should go away.  It only sounds like a good trade to me.  What the heck is up with that?!?!  Anyone have any suggestions as to where they came from and how to get rid of them?  I do not like them Sam I am!! 
And with that, once again I have rambled on forever!  Good day!

0 comments: