Monday, January 3, 2011

Is it Over Already?

Things have been busy around here, thus the lack of posting.  Lots to update on, but I figured I would split it into two posts because a) you would get totally bored, I'm sure, reading a post as long as it would be if I didn't and b) it will probably take me a few days to write it all so it will be easier if I split it up.


Christmas with this family was fantastic!  We didn't have to run all over kingdom come and really got to enjoy our time.  The thing that made my heart smile the most was that by the time we got to Christmas my kids would remind me to do our ABC Advent story every night and they are still asking to do more even now.  It makes me so happy that we are able to really fill our kids' hearts with the true story of Christmas and that my 2 1/2-yr-old Miss Firecracker can tell you close to the whole story of how Baby Jesus came to earth and she ends her story with "and He died on the cross for us when He got big." It makes my heart so prou
d!

My other great Christmas story to tell is a proud moment from Noisy Man.  We were given some money for Christmas.  Money that didn't really need to be given to us but is every year.  We usually just turn around and spend it on the people who gave it to us since they should have kept it in the first place.  This year, after being given the money, we clipped it up on the refrigerator while we were trying to decide what to give them.  We came up with a few things but still needed more.  Then, at lunch after church, Noisy Man saw the money on the fridge and asked what it was from.  We told him it was some Christmas money.  He instantly said, "Is it to buy Christmas presents for kids who don't have enough money to get Christmas presents?"  Both daddy and I instantly said that was the perfect idea!  So, we called our church who in turn told us to call our local community food bank.  They were delighted we called and gave us a family of 4 kids to buy for.  Man, it is really hard to buy gifts for kids older than yours that you know nothing about.  But we did find gifts for all of them and dropped them off the next day.  I really hope they enjoyed them.  Sadly, when Daddy dropped them off, the coordinator told him we were the only people who donated in that way this year.  So proud of my little boy and his giving heart.

I'll post all the exciting Christmas gatherings and happenings in a SOF post!  I know you're anxiously awaiting!  Sorry I am a bit slow.  I started this post last Tuesday and am finally finishing it (with the exception of pictures which I'll try to add later today).  Hopefully, I'll get the SOF post done before the end of the week!

0 comments: