Friday, January 21, 2011

A Different Kind of Recipe

Today we made snow ice cream!  I am so thankful for the friend who emailed me the 'snow much fun' recipe.  The kids thought it was awesome to dig up snow and BRING IT INSIDE!  Of course I was very careful in where they got their snow from and made sure they didn't dig down too deep and get bits of grass or dirt.  I was very amazed when the process was all said and done.  I must say, snow ice cream was great.  It tastes a lot like homemade ice cream, was SO simple to make and the kids had a blast.  Here are the fun pics.  Poor Miss Thumb Sucker slept through the whole thing by taking a 3 hour and 45 min nap yesterday.






Add chocolate syrup and sprinkles and you have a child's heaven of sugar in a bowl!


Here is the recipe I used (adapted it a little from the recipe I was given)
1 gallon of snow
(I didn't really measure this is what the original recipe called for.  We just kept adding until it was the right texture/thickness)
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 c. skim milk (in my mind this made up for using the cream :)

Mix all ingredients minus the snow together in a large bowl (as you can see from pics, ours was NOT big enough - we switched to a bigger one).  Whip together well with a whisk.  Then add snow until it is your desired consistency.  Add chocolate and sprinkles and enjoy!!

0 comments: