Monday, February 14, 2011

Blogging for Books "God Gave Us So Much"

I have a fellow blogger and friend that posted last month about an opportunity to get free books, and I am all about free books!  Especially when they are ones I can read to my kids.  So, I quickly signed up.  All I have to do is blog a review of the books they send me (I get a list of books to choose from, so it isn't totally random).  If you want to find out more go here.
The book I received first was titled "God Gave Us So Much".  It is a three book collection of the "God Gave Us" books by Lisa Tawn Bergren.  They are based on a polar bear family and the curiosity of a young polar bear cub.  We have the "God Gave Us Christmas" book from this same author and really love it, so I was thrilled when this was in the selection pool.  This book is a must have.  All three stories in this book are fabulous.  They are "God Gave Us The World, Love, and Heaven."  All are very Biblically based, which totally impressed me and written at a level that was fairly easy for my 4 1/2-year-old to understand.  "The World" gave a view on how many different bears there were in this world and how God made them all different.  It talks about how BIG God is and how awesome it is that He was able to create it all.  "Love" talks about how God created all different types of love as well and how we need to love everyone around us even though there are times when we don't feel like loving some people (aka otters in the story).  "Heaven" was my favorite one.  This is such a huge concept for kids to understand, heck it is even hard for adults to understand, but this story does a great job as bringing it down to a simple level.  It doesn't get into too much detail, but is very accurate on what it does say and gives a basic understanding of how you go to heaven and what it might be like there.  It does an excellent job of explaining that you have to know Jesus to get there and uses the "bridge" example of how He makes it possible for us to get to heaven.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone!

0 comments: