Friday, February 11, 2011

State of the Famiy #30

Thankfully it has been pretty uneventful around here lately!

Miss Thumb Sucker is still up to her nose in orneryness.  She is constantly dragging the cereal boxes out of the pantry and if I don't get to her fast enough to get them before she dumps them, I have a lovely mess on my hands.  She, of course, thinks this is hilarious.  You would think that I would just remember to shut the pantry door and the problem would be eliminated, but no, I can't keep things that simple around here.  She wore her first set of piggy tails the other day and it was completely adorable.  She has just enough hair so that they stick straight up off the top of her head (see pic with daddy below).  She has also learned how to climb up on our kitchen chairs and has managed to fall off once as well.  One successful climb up on the couch has been made as well.  We are in trouble as I think we have a climber on our hands!

Miss Firecracker got a short bout of her brother's virus.  She got sick 2 times in the middle of the night early this week, got to sleep on the couch with mommy the rest of the night, didn't each much the next day and never looked back.  She kind of liked the special treatment she got the day after she got sick.  She got to drink a little ginger ale, didn't have to eat 2 bites of her veggies or anything else that wasn't her favorite, got to snuggle with daddy and mommy for most of the day and all sort of other fun things.  She, being the too-smart cookie that she is, keeps trying to revert to this treatment by pulling the, "but my tummy hurts" stunt to get out of eating what she doesn't want to or getting to drink 'pop' or not having to pick up toys.  I wonder how long this will last.   The countdown to her birthday has begun as she asks about every other day how many more days it is until her birthday.  I made her invitations on the computer and we googled an idea for her cake, so she is constantly asking to be able to see the pictures of both on the computer.  I must tell you, I am looking forward to as it will have an 'ice cream' theme and will be all sorts of fun!

Noisy Man is back to his normal self, eating us out of house and home.  I think the 3 pounds he lost during his 6 day illness has definitely been re-gained.  He totally out-ate me at supper last night.  Hunger is an issue that needs to be solved immediately about every 2 hours.  He has been crafting and glueing and markering and cutting away lately.  I love his creativeness and that projects like this can keep him busy for hours, but I totally hate the mess it creates.  He refuses to throw anything away and every 10 minutes spent at the table creating results in at least 5 new art projects that are so original and precious that I am specifically told not to throw them away.  What in the world am I supposed to do with all of this stuff?  I cannot stand paper messes.  So far, if I discard of some of it while he isn't looking in a trash can he can't see (aka the garage), he hasn't noticed that it is missing. 




 
I really can't think of anything too exciting to write about daddy this week.  Does that mean I haven't been paying much attention to him?  He did watch the kiddos this weekend while I scrapped.  He had them all Friday evening and all day Saturday.  On Saturday he took them out to G'ma and G'pas and got to enjoy the semi-nice weather out there.  He and Noisy Man shot a few pop cans with a BB Gun.  A great father-son bonding time. 

As mentioned in the daddy section, I got to spend all last weekend scrapbooking!  As usual, I didn't get a whole lot done, but I had a blast.  I did get quite a bit of organizing done as I had 40+ pages that needed page protectors put into books and then place the pages into books.  That helped clear out some of my storage place and filled up the kiddo's scrapbooks!  I have been crafting and creating myself this week, but most of it will not be staying in my house. I found this awesome candy-free Valentine's Day gift to do for Noisy Man's preschool party, so I broke out the sewing machine and got to work.  They are awesome little rice bags to use for cold or hot packs.  We use cold packs all the time for the kids' bumps and such and the hot pack will be great for Noisy Man's growing pains.  Thankfully, most of my crafty stuff won't be staying in our house and I (usually) clean up after myself pretty well.  But, I guess I can't blame my son for getting the crafting gene since it probably came from me.

0 comments: