Tuesday, August 17, 2010

State of the Family #16

What a difference a week makes! And I don't just mean the weather

I told you by my next blog that Miss Thumb Sucker would be crawling. . . and I was right. She is all over the place and driving her sister and brother crazy! She is also pulling herself up to everything, sleeping at least until 5 am where I just go in and lay her back down to sleep for at least another hour, and eating some real food! Why do they have to grow up so fast? She has always been such a good baby, but if this last week proves anything, she might have an ornery streak in her. Every time I tell her no she just smiles and laughs at me. I am hoping it is only because she has never really heard the word no (directed at her anyway) before this crawling business and just doesn't quite know what it means. We'll see. I also have to vacuum almost every day to keep things off the floor and out of her mouth! At the moment she is sitting in the middle of her brother's elaborate train track built by Gpa and chewing on a link she has stolen out of it. When he comes around the corner and sees her I am sure there will be many "NO's" flying her way. I'll just wait to watch the show!

Thankfully, Miss Firecracker seems to have gotten past her latest potty incidents and has had a pretty good week. We just made a huge deal out of it when she went potty all by herself and she seems to have figured it out once again. For some reason though, I am just not certain the "accidents" will stay completely away, but we'll see how it goes. She has gotten into her clothes this week and decided that she wants to have some say in what she wears. Sadly for her, her mother is a bit of a 'matching freak' and won't let her just wear whatever she picks. But we have figured out that if she picks out the top or shorts, mommy can pick the coordinating piece and we will have peace!! (sorry that was cheesy). She insisted on wearing the same dress to church 2 weeks in a row as well and I have a feeling it might go for 3 weeks this next week as well. Her other latest big kid discovery is that her brother doesn't have to take naps every day, so she has started asking if she can stay up as well. Ha! I just tell her she has to be 4 before she can start staying up from naps. It seems to work so far, but we'll see (I seem to be saying that a lot in this post!).

Noisy Man has had quite the week. Gpa Gary came to baby sit while I went scrapbooking and the two of them built a train track on our playroom floor that covers the entire open play space in the middle, so now we have to tip toe around it to be able to play. Heaven forbid anyone touch it! Seriously, the thing is probably 4 ft wide by 8 feet long! We also went fishing again this week and came home with a GREAT story to tell. No, not a huge crappie or monster bass, we actually only caught 2 tiny little fish. Noisy Man took a nose dive off the edge of a drop off on the bank and landed face first in the mud. Luckily, the drop off was probably only 12 inches tall and the water had dropped back from the edge so he didn't get soaked, he just got a face-full of mud. Literally. He didn't even get his boots, jeans or shirt muddy except for what dripped off of his face. Thankfully, he had on sunglasses so it didn't get in his eyes. He was walking over to check on Uncle Chad, who was taking the 2nd bait worthy fish off his line and didn't see the edge. Uncle Chad had his hands full trying to get such a big hook out of such a small fish's mouth and couldn't grab him fast enough. I only wish I had my camera! He also got to go on his first trip to Chucky Cheese's! Gma V and Aunt Jen took the kids there while mommy and daddy went to a baseball game for their anniversary. He had a blast and when they were leaving, said, "This is where I want to go every time we eat at a restaurant!" Good luck with that one kiddo!

Daddy had lots of quality family time this week. We went to the Children's Museum on Monday since he switched his day off for the week. He got to hang out with them on Wednesday night while mommy went out with some friends and all day on Saturday while mommy scrapped. He is such a good guy. I think I also forgot to post a couple of weeks ago that the deck is finally finished as well! It is all covered in the Restore finish and will hopefully never have to be touched again! He has also been Mr. Gardener lately as well. Always going out to check on things and pick stuff that I somehow missed. He keeps up with spraying for bugs pretty well too! Now I just hope the whole thing doesn't die since there was a sprayer here on Friday "round-upping" the field behind our house, right next to our garden. The tomatoes are not looking too happy.

Mommy had a fabulous week with a visit to the Children's Museum with the whole fam, a night out with some great friends and 2 whole days of scrapbooking! I didn't get very much done at the scrap, but had a great time nonetheless. I have so much to catch up on I'm not sure if I'll ever feel like I got a lot done! I need to do better at getting digital stuff done as well. If anyone knows the secret to catching up on 3 years of scrapbooking for 3 children let me know! Daddy and I also got to go out and celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary last night. My awesome sis-in-law hooked us up with free Saltdogs tickets so we went and enjoyed the game. Well, 6 innings of it anyway. It started to rain at the top of the 5th inning so we stuck it out til the end of the 6th and then headed out for some ice cream since, for some crazy reason, all the vendors at the stadium closed up shop at the top of the 6th inning. It was a great date that was much needed! They even put up our anniversary announcement on the big screen at the stadium!

0 comments: