Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thinking on a Thursday

2 thoughts today. . .
1. I was having my quiet time this morning with Miss Firecracker at my side since she woke up early, and she made my heart smile. Asking questions the entire time (can't say I got a ton out of my quiet time today, but the following story makes it worth it nonetheless), she inquires about what I am doing? What am I writing? Why do I look up things? Why are your eyes closed? and so on and so forth. Answering all of them to try and teach her about what I am doing: reading my Bible, writing down my verses, looking up meanings of words, I pray with my eyes closed, and on and on for answers. Once I finished answering her questions her reply to the whole thing. . . "When I get big, mommy, I can read my Bible and write too!" Oh sing praises my soul! I pray that you will each and every day!

2. During my prayers this morning the thought about the amount of time I spend on my computer kept coming back to my mind. I kept praying for God to help me focus on my time and words with Him, but all I could think about was my stinkin' computer! Then it hit me like a sack of flour! Duh! He was trying to tell me that was what He wanted me to know. I am spending too much time on my computer! So, as my resolution to this revolution (not that it is all that much of a surprise to me, but I thought that was a pretty catchy saying :) I am signing off my computer until September 1st. No facebook, no blogging, no Pioneer Woman or other blogs, and no scrapbooking. I will have to check my Pampered Chef email as it is a business and I need to make sure I am keeping up with my customers, but I will only check it once each day and only address issues that are necessary. So, if you need me, you'll have to call or text me! Don't worry, I'll keep track of my kiddos in my prayer journal and post 2 blogs about the missed weeks once I return, just in case you are sitting at the edge of your seat wondering about our oh-so-exciting-lives! So, here is to you keeping me accountable. . . I hope you don't catch me on here for12 more days! It is going to be tough! I'll be signing off at noon today so I can let necessary people know how to reach me and tie up some PC ends so I can spend the least amount of time possible on the computer for that in the next 12 days as well.

3 comments:

J

Good luck!! We'll miss you...but can't wait to hear all the good stuff when you return :)

Julie

Sure stinks that I'll have one less person reading my blog the next few weeks. ;) I'm sure you'll enjoy your technology break!

Tami

I've felt too dependent on my computer too and took a short fast from it over Easter weekend. I liked it so much I decided to take a break from it every Sunday. It's hard sometimes when I have a lot of work to do, but I find I sure do relax a lot more on Sundays. Isn't that what "sabbath" is supposed to be?