Thursday, October 7, 2010

State of the Family #20

Wow, 20 SOFs. . . OK so it isn't that many, but it sure is fun to look back and see what has all been going on. Now if only I had the time to do that. :)

Miss Thumb Sucker is days away from walking. She is taking a few steps here and there and will stand on her own for quite a while. She loves it when she can grab your fingers and have you walk her around the room, and she loves to push things around. You can tell she is just longing for the day she can chase after her brother and sister. She had a short bout of thinking that she didn't want to chew her food. It seemed that if it wasn't pureed or soft, she decided not to eat it. It would go in her mouth and then, after a couple chews, come pouring back out. Thankfully, that was short lived when she found out she got hungry pretty quickly when she didn't eat. I was glad for this, cuz I do not want to be buying or making baby food forever. Still waiting for some more teeth to come in. She only has four. Maybe this food thing was caused by some teeth troubles. Time will tell.

Miss Firecracker is on a "When I get big. . . " kick. Everything she knows she can't do now she is going to do "When I get big." The quotes become quite amusing as she decides exactly what she is going to do when she does get big. Some examples are not taking naps, pushing mommy in the stroller, drink coffee, and many others I can't ever seem to remember when it comes time to record them. She has also discovered the joy of hand-me-downs. We have been talking about Halloween costumes, and this year she will be an elephant, which is a costume Noisy Man wore a couple of years ago. Evidently, she doesn't want to be an elephant for Halloween and has her own ideas. Every time you ask her what she wants to be her answer changes, but momma will have her frugal way and, in the end, the poor girl will end up being an elephant. It is an adorable costume and I'll be darned if I am going to let it go to waste!

Noisy Man is on a Lego kick. He has had some legos that daddy brought out of hiding from his childhood, but the other day we hit the jackpot at our neighbors garage sale and found a huge box for only $5! Every waking hour he wants to be playing Legos. The kid has some creativity, I'll give him that. But he gets so frustrated when his sisters interfere. Miss Thumb Sucker, obviously, cannot be around the legos, so he has to move to the kitchen table to play when she is awake or put them away. This, of course, is a big inconvenience and aggravates him to no end. To top that off, Miss Firecracker is allowed to play with him, but all she ends up doing is breaking things apart and taking the hats/helmets off all the little lego people. I'm not sure which sister annoys him more in his lego world!

Daddy loves that Noisy Man is so into legos, but he isn't thrilled that they aren't able to play as 'gently' with the contraptions he built as he would like. He is constantly fixing things and putting them back together. He act annoyed by this, but secretly I think he loves it because it gives him an excuse to keep playing legos. The chill in the air and the distant quacking of ducks has daddy itching to get out of the house and into the duck blind. I think their first time out will be this weekend.

I am in 7th Heaven, as my new treadmill was delivered last Friday. It is so awesome to be able to go run whenever I want. OK, so not whenever, but I have many more options of time to run than before. Like, during nap time or after bedtime or even when it is dark or raining outside! It is good to be able to run whenever cuz I am signed up to run a 15K in less than 2 weeks! Yikes! That could be interesting. I have also been keeping myself busy trying to do some of my own freezer cooking. I can't do the regular freezer cooking group during the winter because of Daddy's pickiness, but I know I am totally going to miss being able to grab supper out of my freezer. So, I have been trying to do some on my own. So far, I have done meatballs, Stromboli and cinnamon rolls. Not that cinnamon rolls would make a great supper, but who can resist cinnamon rolls. And, as a side note, if you haven't tried the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll recipe you are missing out! It is amazing. I leave the coffee out of the frosting and have used both maple and vanilla to flavor it and they are both great! I highly recommend it and will never use another cinnamon roll recipe again!

Until next time. . .

0 comments: