Tuesday, October 26, 2010

State of the Family #22

Lots going on, but I am going to try and be brief. . . I'll let the pictures tell the stories!

Miss Thumb Sucker is walking all over the place now as long as she doesn't have on shoes! I put shoes on her and she just doesn't know what to do. It is kinda funny. The splint hasn't slowed her down a bit, that is as soon as we got it trimmed back far enough that she could still suck her thumb! Heaven forbid we lose our nickname. She also became a candy thief and thought she was quite funny when we were bagging up some treats for her upcoming birthday party. She is also eating like a small horse! I think she out-eats her big sister at most meals. She was quite intrigued with her first tractor ride with G'pa Gary and really had a good time. Peek at the base of his hat in the tractor pics and you'll see where the red comes from. His is a little faded due to some greys, but. . . .
Miss Firecracker is going on little sleep this last week for some reason, and she is like her mama. When we don't get sleep, watch out! So it has been a little rough around here with her. She is in a girlie mode too. Always wanting to wear dresses and lip gloss, boas and her dressy shoes. But like a friend of mine said, she is a tomboy with a tiara because she is right on the floor wrestling with her brother and playing tractors in all her pink and glitter glory. She loved the tractor and combine rides we took on Sunday with G'pa Gary. She actually fell asleep in the combine for a little while. This was the first time she got to ride in the combine and really had a great time.






Noisy Man continues on his no-nap streak and still wakes up at 6:30 am or earlier every day, with no exceptions for the weekend. Anyone know how to teach your kids how to sleep in? I would really like to know! He was all over the tractor and combine rides as well and was quite upset we couldn't stay all day and camp out in the combine like one of the other combine drivers' daughter was doing that day. His preschool teacher came last Friday for our home visit and gave us quite the insight! Really, it was just what we expected. He gets a little loud at times, LOL wonder how he got his nickname. He loves to play in the kitchen and they have to set a timer for him when he is at the computer. Yep, that's my boy. He also really only plays with the girls. Oh dear! I am in trouble all ready. They are going to start him and a few other kids on reading, so at least he is doing great there. I also need some tricks on teaching him how to recognize his numbers, we have done a lot of different things and he still doesn't know much past 4! I guess we'll keep working on that one.



Daddy continues to have good luck in the duck blind, which is great because that makes for a happy daddy! I bought him some new running shoes on my shopping trip so hopefully he will keep up with me on the treadmill.






I had a blast on my shopping trip with my sister and my aunt down to Kansas City. Got lots of great deals and even came home with some money! I am cramming to get everything planned for Miss Thumb Sucker's birthday party and also had a blast riding the tractor with my dad. It has been a VERY long time since I have done that.

1 comments:

Tami

Since you can't teach Noisy Man to sleep in, show him how to turn on cartoons and get his own cereal. When Drummer Boy was about five he'd do it for he and Drama Queen both while Kevin and I slept in.