Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weary Wednesday


Truthfully, it should be weary first part of the week. Miss Thumb Sucker is throwing me for a loop again. Waking up at 5:30 every morning which is just enough time for me NOT to be able to go to back to sleep after I am done feeding her before my alarm goes off at 6:15. She is genuinely hungry most times though. I have found that if she isn't hungry I can lay her back down and she will go back to sleep, but if she wants to eat. . . there is no going back to sleep. And letting her cry it out is not an option at 5:30 am because it wakes the whole house up and there is no going back to sleep for anyone. Believe me. That is what started this whole weary week!


My other weariness is nursing. I have absolutely loved nursing all of my kids until they were a year old. Noisy Man I even did morning and night feedings until he was 14 months. Miss Firecracker 13 months and with Miss Thumb Sucker I am SO ready to be done! Perhaps it is because I have either been nursing or pregnant for the last 5 years and 3 months! Perhaps it is because she is a mean and restless nurser. She pinches me and pushes and pulls and wiggles and even bites every now and then. Why do I feel so guilty about wanting to be done? I think, honestly, part of it is a fear on my part as well about the fact that I won't have a bodily need for 300-500 extra calories per day any more and might blow up like a balloon!! YIKES!

1 comments:

Julie

Don't worry! You'll adjust to not eating as much anymore. It does stink to not get a guilt free snack whenever, but I'm sure you'll adjust without blowing up like a balloon! You'll just run it off.