Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Musical Wrap Up #3

So the musical has been done for over a month now, but as you can see, I am very far behind on blogging.

Again, this year I was a part of our church's Christmas Musical, "Flagpoles, Fueding and Fudge".  Again, it was a fantastic experience.  I even had a super-fun part to play.  While last year I was the 'villianess' part of the story, this year I had the pleasure of being part of the comic relief.

I got to play Fern, a not-very-bright, never-stops-talking-once-you-get-her-started, part of a gaggle of girls. 
My fabulous hair designer!!

The play was set in the 1920's in a small town trying to avoid the "Roaring 20's" that were starting to take place in larger citites.  It was a fun little town fued (hence the name) where my gaggle of girls' leader was dead set against having a washing machine factory brought to our town out of fear that it might bring in crime and corruption.  The town was split between this view and the view of the Senator who wanted the town to have the factory for economic stability. 

Through a series of events it becomes a story of encouragment and blessing by working together for the common good of the town and the fact that Jesus was sent to bless us and has, thus called us to bless those around us through love and working together to further His Kingdom.
Love this woman!

It was amazing to see God work through the cast and crew as we saw time after time how He pulled us through various things that, to the normal eye, would have been big setbacks or mountains to overcome.  He uses all of us ordinary people to carry His message in such a fun way, it is an honor to be included.

The trio of girls, Ethel, Mabel and Fern
Heck, He even found a way to get us a little plug on a highly-viewed news program in our regional area.  I'll put the link here, if I can find it again.
The whole crew!

Since I have already had a month of rest, I'm starting to get excited for what this year will bring!

0 comments: