Saturday, March 26, 2011

State of the Family #33

Oi! Not sure if that is a 'real' term or anything, but that is how I feel as I sit to type this afternoon.  Although, I am sure I probably won't finish this until later today or even tomorrow.  I just have not wanted to sit at my computer and type lately.  No desire to blog. . . bad thing for a blogger trying to keep track of her family's 'happenings' who also happens to have a terrible memory.  We'll see where I get.

Miss Thumb Sucker seems to be growing leaps and bounds.  We had to take her in to see the Dr. this week for a double ear infection and she weighed 24 lbs!  This is 5 lbs in 4 1/2 months.  She seems to add a new word or two to her vocabulary every single day.  I think I am going to have another jabber box on my hands.  It is hilarious to watch her read a book to herself or just jabber to me or her siblings.  She is very serious about her conversations, but, of course, most of the time we don't have a clue what she is saying.  She has, however, added 'cookie', 'snack', 'mine' (not the bad toddler mine!, but this is what my kiddos call their little security blankets and she asks for it often and whenever she sees it she calls it by name), she now says 'mommy' instead of just mama and 'puppy' instead of just puhpuh.  And, as usual, there are many more but they escape me.  She is totally into running everywhere she wants to go and it is completely hilarious.  She gets so excited about things and yells 'YEA!" in a very high pitched little excited squeal whenever there is a knock at the door, I tell her it is snack time or ask her if she wants to go downstairs to play among many other things that get her excited.

 
Miss Firecracker, of course, had her 3rd birthday.  It was a huge success and she was completely spoiled by family and friends.  She can hardly believe the day finally came and she is now 3.  She keeps asking me every couple of days "Mommy, am I still 3 today?" She hasn't asked in the past couple days, so maybe she has it figured out that she gets to stay 3 for a whole year!  She has, however already started planning her 4th  birthday party.  I seems she has regressed in the 'staying in bed at bedtime' category and has thrown some award winning tantrums in the past few weeks.  Seriously, you should witness these, they are absolutely awe-inspiring.  Enough to make a mother want to pull out her hair, that is for sure.  Most of the time she decides to get out of bed for whatever reason and then insists that mommy or daddy come tuck her back in.  We have discovered that she very much dislikes not getting tucked back into bed, so we decided that this would be her punishment for getting out of bed.  However, it might have backfired as this is what causes the meltdowns. . . she screams about wanted to be covered back up until she has woken up her brother and sister and made mommy and daddy so angry that it isn't pretty.  So, we have now started lessons on teaching her how to cover herself back up in these situations.  It seems to be working.  We also discovered she is very much into makeup lately.  She has some 'play makeup' that she has received for gifts, but rarely let her  use.  So, if she stays in bed the night before, after she gets dressed the next morning, she gets to pick out a makeup item to wear that day.  Most of the time it is her glittery cheek gel that makes her 'sparkle like a princess."  We have now had 2 successful nights and glitter-dawning mornings!

Mr. Noisy Man is still going through a phase I don't much care for.  Mr. Argumentative would be his new nickname for the time being.  If something doesn't suit his every whim and need he is going to argue it to the death, or until he gets set in time out for talking back or not listening.  Guess which one usually comes first!  For the past few weeks he has decided that disagreeing with just about anything is quite fun and picking fights for no apparent reason is rather amusing.  Not so sure where this came from, as he is usually my easy-going, good listener, the one I have the least discipline issues with.  Not so lately.  Yikes!  I hope this passes quickly.  I have been trying to even sit and play with him in 'boy mode' even more lately to see if he is just needing some more mommy and/or boy play time since he is surrounded by girls most of the time (all of my daycare kids are girls, except one that only comes once a week).  On a lighter note, he is just itching for summer to come and asks at least once a week if it is summer time yet.  I don't think he realizes that summer means no more school, but he just really wants the weather to be nice enough to wear t-shirts and play in the water.  I can't say I don't agree with him.  I am so ready for some warm weather.

Daddy hasn't been up to much.  I feel somewhat bad for him as snow goose season has pretty much come and gone and he really didn't have a chance to hunt at all.  Not for lack of time, but it just seems that the geese aren't interested in being hunted much anymore and daddy didn't seem to think it was much worth his time to sit out in a blind all day and watch them fly overhead.  He has been working a lot on his fishing boat to get it ready for a big fishing trip he is planning at the end of next month.  Yep, that's all I got for daddy at this point. 

Not much going on for mommy either.  Lots of training since I just ran a 10 mile race today.  Pretty excited that I hacked 11 minutes off my time from last year!  See my blog about last year here, Are My Knees Supposed to Sound Like This?  It was a great run this year as I got to run with a good friend instead of by myself like last year, and we finished in 1 hr and 40 minutes!  I also felt a lot better at the end of the run and for the rest of the day this time too.  Other than running I have been trying to keep up with the kids of course, and did a Pampered Chef open house back home during Alumni Tournaments.  It was great to see a bunch of old friends from high school and all of their cutie patooties.  I can't think of anything else going on in my world right now so I think I'll wrap it up.  I'm sure it will be at least 2 weeks before you'll hear from me again!

0 comments: