Thursday, May 6, 2010

State of the Family #6

I'll be brief this week, cuz I am tired and I have a lot to do and shouldn't be sitting at my computer blogging instead of scrubbing my toilets and baking birthday cakes and folding my laundry.

Miss Thumb Sucker. . . .we might skip her this week. She woke me up at 2 am this morning and again at 4 when she decided to keep me awake until 5 and then wake up again at 6. I am tired and not really happy with her for this. But she is so gosh darn adorable. She did start eating actual baby food this week and turned 6 months on the same day I ran my first 1/2 marathon. She seems to be ok with the food so far and makes some good faces at the new tastes. Cracks me up.

Miss Firecracker is singing at the moment. . . it is beautiful let me tell you. If this is going to be the extent of her musical abilities, we could be in trouble, and she didn't get her mother's abilities (not that I am the next American Idol, but I can at least carry a pretty decent tune). I am hoping it is only because she is learning these "tunes" from one of my daycare girls who can almost make you cringe when she decides to "sing." I have Miss Firecracker on video doing this and if I can figure out how to post it I will. If nothing else it is entertaining and she isn't throwing a fit, so I'll take it.

Noisy Man has had a rough week. We started a "check mark chart" for him because he has been getting into so much trouble lately. Usually, he is my good one, but he seems to be testing the boundaries the last couple weeks. On Tuesday he had used up all his check marks by 11 am. It was not good. Yesterday he only got one, so maybe he is improving. I hope so, I can't take 2 trouble makers! His consequence when he gets 3 check marks in one day: no screen time. Which means, no TV, no computer, no Wii, no Leapster. This kid is an electronics junkie and losing these things is devastating to him. It seems to be working pretty well. I hope it continues.

Daddy built me a strawberry box! I am so excited to get my own strawberries. It might take a couple years but we'll get there. His headaches also seem to be improving after a 2nd try at the chiropractor. I hope it keeps getting better.

Mommy is so far behind in housework that it isn't even remotely funny. I was sick Saturday, took Sunday and Monday off to recover from the marathon and am now typing instead of doing what I should. . . I better sign off. Have a good one!

0 comments: