Friday, May 14, 2010

State of the Family #7

Thankfully, it has been a pretty uneventful week at our house. . . I needed that.

Miss Thumb Sucker had her 6 month Dr. appt this week. She is in the 95% range for her height and 45% for her weight. . . tall and skinny. Lucky girl. She has also started a little thing with her tongue. It hangs out of her mouth all of the time. I should call her baby KISS. You know she is really happy when the smile grows then out pops the tongue. I don't see how she doesn't get a chapped bottom lip. It is quite funny.

Miss Firecracker is my one child who knows how to sleep. She got this from me. :) She will take 3 hour naps if things are calm enough around the house, and she doesn't have to wake up to go potty. She will also sleep in in the morning until at least 7:30 if allowed. I wish all of my children would do this. If he had his druthers, Noisy Man would be up, and would wake everyone in the house up with him, at 6 am every morning. He used to wake Miss Firecracker up with him, but without her sleep, Miss Firecracker is like her mommy, crabby! That mixed in with her father's temper (which he has learned to control well over the years, but she hasn't mastered this yet), it is NOT a good combination. So, we all just let her sleep as long as she wants!

Noisy Man turned 4 this last Saturday and I just don't know where the time went. He had a construction birthday party at the park and had a blast. He was spoiled with gifts from all our family and friends and absolutely soaked it all up. The one part he didn't like about turning 4 were the shots, 5 of them. Our pediatrician does shots at 4 instead of 5 because they want their Kindergarten visit to be fun. So they just ruin the 4 yr one. Oh goodness how he screamed and yelled. . . and of course his legs didn't work for the next two days. Funniest thing was, while he was screaming I shoved a book in front of his face so he couldn't watch the nurse actually give him the shots. I was asking him questions about the pictures and he would still answer me while he was screaming. It was quite amusing. Miss Thumb Sucker dealt with her shots 10 times better.

Daddy is itching to get out to the water. With our busy schedule and the hit and miss weather, he has not really been out at all yet this spring. He is an outdoors man with a desk job. . . sometimes it isn't a good combo. He is also a numbers man, which is why he is so good at his job and enjoys it as well. . . but he has to get his outside time or he gets antsy. Thankfully, we don't have to be anywhere this Saturday until the late afternoon so he will get his fishing fix that morning. Of course this means mommy is once again at home alone with the kids, but if it keeps daddy happy, it is all good.

Mommy has been having fun with some new recipes. This always makes daddy nervous. A friend got me hooked on some food blogs so I have been searching for things I think daddy might eat. So far, I have passed with flying colors, except for some peanut butter filled chocolate cookies that I thought were a shoe in and he didn't like them. The kids loved them though, so I was ok. Everything else, like honey and lemon marinated chicken, tender apple and onion pork chops with roasted garlic smashed potatoes, and last night's honey glazed chicken (which I was really nervous about since it is somewhat of a Chinese food type dish), he has really liked. I love being able to do new things, cuz most of the time I am stuck with the same ol' burgers, steaks and all that boring stuff. Daddy has grown leaps and bounds since we first met 10 years ago!

0 comments: