Tuesday, May 25, 2010

State of the Family #8

So I missed a week. . . life has been crazy. It is the first time I have missed, but I am certain it won't be the last. Lets see if my exhausted brain can remember what we have all done in the last week and a half.
Miss Thumb Sucker finally decided it was OK to exert some energy and roll over from her back to her tummy, but only if she really wants a toy that is just out of her reach. She did this last Wednesday just after having her toes painted for the first time and has done it a handful of times since. I am also REALLY hoping that some teeth will be popping through very soon as she has been sleeping beyond terribly. She was up 5 times Sat. night, 6 times (in a 2 hour time period) Sun. night and 3 times last night. I don't know how much of that I can take. All I can say is, how close are we to nap time?
Miss Firecracker is loving this warm weather. This means she (according to her) doesn't have to wear shoes at all. She will put them on to appease me just to walk out the door to play, but after about 2 minutes they have been abandoned. I guess I can't complain about this too much, she does probably get this from me. She also has them off in the car before we can get fully out of the driveway. This also means that it is a constant search for her shoes. . . where in the world did she take them off this time?
Noisy Man has finished his first year of preschool and is now ready for the summer. Shorts, sandals and lots of dirt are on his list of to-do's this summer. That, and he keeps asking to go to the water park. He is a water boy with no fear. He will jump in anywhere, dunk himself under the water and slide down anything. I am not sure I will be able to handle all 3 of them at the pool by myself this summer. We might have to wait and go in the evening after daddy gets home.
Daddy is in project mode. He loves being outside getting things done. He has finally (after 2 years of having the tube) finished the bagger for our lawn mower. Yes, folks, he built it himself because he refused to pay $350 for it. I refuse to mow the lawn now because our lawn mower looks ghetto and redneck all at the same time with this wonderful bagging system on the back. I guess he is resourceful if nothing else! He also spent all last Saturday power washing the red stain off our deck because some spots were peeling up and he thought it looked terrible. Well, it didn't all come off with the power washer so now it looks awful! He got as much off as he could and now he is going to have to tear the deck apart to belt-sand off the rest. A fun project for him in the future.
I am still gearing up for the garage sale, with maybe about half of my stuff marked. Thankfully I was able to get most of the spit stains out of the baby clothes with the help of great suggestions from my FaceBook friends! I also got the family vacation planned and booked. So excited we were still able to get a cabin at Mahoney. This weekend is also my baby sister's wedding! The last one in my family. I am totally looking forward to it! It will be a blast. One of the best parts of it will be tomorrow when we get to go to Lincoln for girl time and get pedicures, go out for supper and get spray on tans, because tanning beds are TERRIBLE! Hopefully I won't turn orange. Since our dresses are brown, this wouldn't be a good combo. It will also be great to get such a formal family picture. Daddy is an usher, I am a bridesmaid, Noisy Man is a ring bearer, Firecracker is a Flower girl and Thumb Sucker has a very pretty dress as well. I'll post pictures ASAP!
Well, here is to a crazy busy week - no rest until Sunday for this family, some sleep and a fabulous wedding!

0 comments: