Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bring on Summer

My favorite time of year!  I love summer.  Even more so now that it means all day, everyday with my Noisy Man.  (I think that most of the time, except when he is picking on his sister's nonstop or wanting entertained 24/7).

Miss Firecracker's last day

Right before summer started was Miss Firecracker's last day of preschool.  I don't think it has hit her yet that means she doesn't get to see her friends all the time.  I am sure we will go through Miss S withdrawal before too long! 


I was spoiled on Mother's Day with a fabulous, relaxing chair and putting my feet up all day.

I can't get this pic to move..... These were the teacher gifts for the end of the year. 
It is Strawberry-Rhubarb Freezer Jam.  The tag says "Thanks for "jammin" me full of a great education
this year.  I hope your summer is sweet!"
Then we got to attend Noisy Man's Track and Field Day - one of my favorite things!! I absolutely loved track in high school and meets were the best.  This is the closest thing I'll get for a while, and it was so much fun!  Only set back was that it was in the middle of a football Field (of course) on a very warm and sunny day, so Noisy Man's red-headed sister's didn't fair so well.  They got to spend most of their time under an umbrella.  

Here is the picture blast for you.



relay
the girls hiding under the umbrella

This boy takes his running seriously!  Check out that face!
Tug-o-war


Then came the final last day of school for Noisy Man.  I guess I now officially have a 1st grader.  He had a friend's birthday party to go to after school that day (which bummed me out a bit) and he was a little sad that I wouldn't be able to pick him up from school on his last day.  He actually said he didn't want to go because of this.  So, I went to give him hugs and take pictures and then helped out the parent's with transporting kids to the party, so it was a win-win!

Noisy Man with his amazing teacher and para


When he got home from the birthday party we were ready to celebrate here.  My awesome neighbor made a cool sign for her garage door for her son on his last day, so I semi-copied her with a smaller version in our house (I wanted to do the big one outside, but it was crazy windy that day and I just didn't think it would stay).  He thought this was pretty cool.  We ended the nice, warm day with a water fight!

This is a face of a loving, compassionate mother....totally bombing her children with water!

0 comments: