Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trying Tuesdays

So its Tuesday again, usually my roughest day for some reason. We'll see how it goes today. So far so good, but then again it is only 840 am. I have been up for 4 hours already though, so it isn't like I just rolled out of bed.
It kinda has to beat how yesterday morning went. Took Noisy Man to his preschool bus at 715, then home to get the girls dressed (I just load them up in their jammies) and take my cousin (he stayed at our house for the weekend while his sister and parents were in MN for swimming regionals) to his school at 820. Then to the Dr. for Miss Firecracker's Dr. appt since she had woken up at 2 and 4 am the night before (add that to Miss Thumb Sucker getting up at 1145, 2 and 5 and I got NO sleep!). At 4 am she was blazing hot and not in the mood to sleep. Dr. appt showed she has yet another ear infection, even after tubes. I really hope another set isn't in her future. Still, this isn't even the best part of the day. . . On our trip to the bank on our way to pick Noisy Man up from school, Miss Firecracker's antibiotic decides to not agree with her stomach and she tosses it all back up along with her milk and few bites of donuts she ate that morning. Oh happy day! I feel bad for the bank lady who had to witness the whole thing as we were finishing up our deposit. Now onto a frantic call to grandpa (who was out of town) then daddy to go pick Noisy Man up so I could get the sick one home. Thankfully, all is cleaned and well and it seems that she just hadn't eaten enough that morning to keep the medicine down. Perhaps I should have tried a spoonful of sugar?
The rest of the day was a little brighter as Miss Firecracker took a bath and went straight to bed (on her own without being asked, that is how good she felt. Poor thing.). Noisy Man and Miss Thumb Sucker also took decent naps so I was able to get my kitchen back to an approachable state and even sneak in a 15 min snooze before anyone woke up. The 15 min snooze meant that I still have 2 baskets of folded laundry waiting to be put away. . . wonder when that will get done? Miss Thumb Sucker rolled over for the 2nd time and we got to enjoy some wonderful time out in the sun and even better Nebraska wind!
Here is to hoping today will be better and I will not be cranky with my children!

0 comments: