Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Craziness

So, I was so excited to finish my first 10K with a 10:19 average mile pace. . . until I looked online at the line up places for the 1/2 marathon and discovered that my 11 min mile pace is the LAST category on the line up map. Way to burst my bubble. I just need to keep reminding myself that it is OK to be slow, at least I am doing it! I am just so darn competitive that I feel like a loser going so slow. I need to get over that. There are plenty of people at my same pace and I don't view them as losers, just me. Why is that? Craziness.

A really bad picture posted online of me running the Novartis 10K. . . are my thighs really that big? Wow! I have some work to do! At least the Cadburys are gone now.


I also just cleaned out my fridge yesterday. . . YUCK! All the containers of leftovers that never got eaten could feed a starving nation. I feel terrible when I throw out so much food. Thankfully, none of it was to the "just sacrifice the container so you don't have to open it and smell it" stage yet. I always feel like a super mom when I find containers like that in the back of my fridge. Check all these out - is this not pathetic?
The just emptied milk jug made the picture too. . . look it has a lid!! ;)
Lastly, I cleaned my carpets (well the main section that gets filthy in my living room) yesterday as well. Wow, I had a productive day! I have my own cleaner thingy, which is a must with small children, an in home day care and ivory carpets (yes, I now realize how STUPID I was to pick out this carpet color). I just did this about 5 weeks ago before Miss Firecracker's Birthday party. This is how dirty the water is just after 5 weeks!! Craziness. .



Now, can I have a maid please?


Don't worry, these got taken care of as well. My sink is now sparkling clean. . . well it was before lunch today anyway.

0 comments: