Thursday, April 22, 2010

State of the Family Address #4

Oh dear, where to start?

Miss Thumb Sucker evidently decided that sleeping through the night was overrated and has digressed. I am sad (and tired). Hopefully she'll return to her sleepy state soon. As much as I love her, I really don't feel the need to see her at 2 am. I can wait until 6 or 7 at least. Anyone want to relay this message to her? She has also decided that rice cereal is very tasty, thankfully. She devours every spoonful and usually wants to help shove the spoon in her mouth, thus making a huge mess. She is usually pretty mad when it is all gone too. Its cute.

Miss Firecracker has been funny this last week. She has determined that she is the deciding factor around the house and will tell me things like, "yeah, you can have that mommy" or "you can sit there mommy". Like I would stop if she told me I couldn't! :) It is pretty cute. Well, at least it is when she says it to me or daddy. If she does it to her big brother, he just takes it as a challenge and does the exact opposite to make her mad. I think he likes to see her throw her fits. It is just mean. Another thing I am loving lately about Miss Firecracker is the way she comes out of her room in the morning or after nap. She sneaks around the corner until she sees you, then comes barrelling over for a hug with her frizzed out, red curls flying. Here is an example of the beautiful morning hair she has from Easter.

Noisy Man is totally hyped about planting the garden this week. We still have some seeds to put in, but we planted our tomatoes and peppers and such. He is a vegetable freak, so he gets really excited about growing all of it in our back yard. Seriously, do many of you know of any 4-year-olds that would ask for more carrots and broccoli and pass up the chocolate chip cookie? And don't get me started on cucumbers and tomatoes. . . I am blessed when it comes to this guy. I asked him what he wanted for lunch the other day and he said, "tuna sandwiches and cold peas (aka frozen peas)." And yesterday he passed up his PB&J for more carrots and cucumbers. Now if only he could teach his sister to eat them 1/2 as well as he does we would be set!

Daddy has been quite the help with the garden, although he gets a little overzealous. He planted 3 Roma tomato and 3 cherry tomato plants. I think he is nuts - we are going to have tomatoes coming out of our ears! He says "just in case one doesn't make it, we can just dig one up if they all survive." I am guessing he won't let me dig it up if they do and I won't know what to do with all of them. So, if you are needing tomatoes this summer, you know who to call.

I find that I often write this on Thursdays when I am putting off folding my laundry - I have 3 baskets staring at me currently, one load in the dryer and one in the washer. . . so enough about me. I gotta go fold! I will go fold and not keep downloading digital scrap booking stuff (thank you Jen Elliott!), I will, I will, I will. I gotta fold and get ready for our whirlwind weekend: Funeral in IA on Friday, 10 am Pampered Chef show in David City on Sat. 7 pm Bachelorette party for my sis in Omaha Sat night and 2 pm Pampered Chef Bridal shower in Beatrice on Sunday. . . is it nap time yet?

0 comments: