Monday, April 5, 2010

Survival

My computer was attacked by a virus Thursday afternoon (a first for me) so I had to send it to a friend to get rid of it. So thankful for wonderful friends who actually know all this computer stuff and will fix my computer over Easter weekend. Thus I had to survive for 48 hours without my computer. I did get small "fixes" at my in law's and my dad's to check for Miss Firecracker's 2 yr pictures (posted here )and some Pampered Chef business.
We also survived our first Easter Sunday all to ourselves! Don't get me wrong, we did my family's Easter Friday night and Saturday (it was great fun), and have the hubby's side next weekend (will be a blast as well), but on actual Easter Sunday we were at home all day (with exception of going to church of course) by ourselves! I made a great meal, we did Easter baskets and played with eggs, and we read the Easter story and tried to help our 2 and almost 4 yr old's understand to the best of their ability the meaning of the cross and resurrection. I love their innocent hearts and questions and truly enjoyed that they really understood that Easter isn't about eggs and bunnies and candy. It was a glorious day, I even snuck in a nap and a 6 mile run and my hubby put up our new storm door (have I mentioned how handy he is!?).
And today I survived my first "in-public-child-puking" incident. Sorry, it is another puking story, so skip if you are of the weak stomach type. Eating lunch at Wendy's after picking up my kid's from my friends (where they stayed while I had the rest of my "seriously displastic" mole removed, and survived my first non-child-birth-related stitches:), Miss Firecracker wasn't too thrilled about eating her burger. She wanted to go straight for the frosty. So, I had to do the typical "3 more bites and then you can have your frosty". She was less than thrilled, but peacefully complied. An older couple was just commenting on my kids and asking me their ages (and telling me I had my hands full) when Miss Firecracker's last required bite was swallowed then came right back up. The older lady was wonderful and offered help so I asked if she would ask the Wendy's people for a towel or something of the sort. The gal that took our order and carried our food to our table came over and actually cleaned the mess up for me and brought Noisy Man a new bag with his favorite I spy games on it. Long story now not so short, we survived and I highly recommend the Wendy's by the south Walmart, great employees!!
I also just survived typing this whole thing one-handed, as Miss Thumb Sucker is trying to survive her first ear infection and doesn't want to be put down. :)

0 comments: