Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Fun Coming to an End

We had a couple of very eventful weeks for our family.  We had the county fair, vacation and our very first day of summer camp!

The fair wasn't quite the same this year without my sister-in-law and her family and my other sis-in-law.  We usually do an entire family evening event out of it and the adults have just as much fun as the kids.  Our kids still had a blast, though and absolutely love all the rides.  I wish I could say the same.  Those things change a lot when it is your children on them instead of yourself!
Petting a cow at the fair


Fun rides!
Can't leave the fair without a snow cone

and a funnel cake!

We also got to go on a great family vacation to Kansas City.  We were hoping to make it up to Wisconsin to see my brother and his family, but schedules would never quite mesh and we ran out of time.  Hopefully, we can get Wisconsin in this fall. 
Science City and Union Station - lots of fun!




Our first hotel had cool, big bolster pillows that we used for fun sword fights!

Story time at Great Wolf Lodge

Weee!

Miss Firecraker and Noisy Man loved this little obstacle thing

Mommy even made it is a picture

The highlight of the trip for Noisy Man - LegoLand!!!



One of the rides at LL


The girls loved the cupcake area!

Last, but not least, I got to take Noisy Man to one of my favorite places on earth!  I was a camper here growing up and then at age 14 I started out as a counselor, then Staff In Training, then full time Summer Staff.  I practically spend 6 straight summers out here and met some of the people who are still my best friends in life.

They have a day camp for the younger kiddos and I was quick to sign him up.  We spent the day playing games, exploring reptiles, looking at fish, canoeing and fishing.  Finished it up with some watersliding and ice cream and it was over way too fast.  I am pretty sure I had more fun than he did as he is more the quiet, reserved type in these settings where I just dive in and go for it.  He may look just like me, but he has his father's personality. 
Petting some kind of snake or something

Canoeing!!

Awesome Waterslide
 (he only did it two times though as the line was pretty long
and he got bored waiting - once again, more like daddy)

0 comments: